These are easy to make and flavorful enough to satisfy the pickiest puppy. You can double the recipe and freeze in small packets for instant training treats.
Rory's Favorite Dog Training Treats
Easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 5 oz can tuna fish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper, leaving ends sticking up to use later as handle. Lightly spray with oil.
- Mix together all ingredients and pour into greased pan. Press mixture into pan until even thickness
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove pan from oven and reset oven temperature to 275 degrees
- Using the parchment paper, remove treats from pan. Cut treats into 1/4" cubes (a pizza cutter works well for this). Return cut treats to pan, spreading out so they're in a single layer.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 40-60 minutes until dry all the way through.
- You can cut into even smaller treats after second baking. Store in refrigerator.