We all know that Kimberley West never learned to cook. But these moist chocolate cupcakes are so easy that even Kim can make them. The secret? It starts with a cake mix.
Easy Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
These cupcakes are so moist, chocolatey and easy that you'll find yourself making them frequently. For best results, be sure to start with Duncan Hines cake mix.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix, your choice of chocolate flavor The darker the cake mix, the more chocolatey the results.
- 1 3.6 oz box Chocolate Pudding Mix The darker the pudding mix, the more chocolatey the results
- 1-3/4 cup Buttermilk If you don't regularly drink buttermilk, you can use powdered buttermilk. Just mix it up before using.
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Mix, your choice of flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 tins of cupcake pans with parchment or paper cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, mix together cake and pudding mixes
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, add buttermilk, eggs and mayonnaise. Mix these ingredients together with handheld mixer or hand blender until smooth
- Pour liquid mix into dry mix and blend with handheld mixer. Blend only until lumps disappear. Do not over mix.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, divide batter between cupcake tins
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of center cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Send to Kindle